Monday, November 6, 2017

October Fun

October, as always, was a really fun month!

We went to Utah and visited the newest member of the Hancock clan, Miss Eleanor Paige (Ellie), Nate and Nicki's 8-week old daughter.

We had a great time. Utah was warm in the day and cold in the morning. We went on a hike one morning to Mapleton Canyon. It was breathtaking! Only thing is, it was a 30 minute walk, part of it up a steep hill with a double stroller ;). Then, we had to leave the stroller at the trailhead so both boys had to get out and walk. Bennett fell after a few minutes and I had to carry him the rest of the time. He kept dropping his cars and I had to bend over and get them, over and over. Nolan was a trooper until the end when he got a bloody nose. Then, we went back to the place we were staying.

We stayed at Lee and Terry's house, a relative of Melody's friend, Alison. They have a huge house, with a playroom with a built in slide and castle, secret passageways and a movie theater room. The boys had a blast!

They weren't as interested in Ellie but they loved playing with Finn, Nate and Nicki's dog.

Bennett thought Ellie was funny sometimes


Cute picture of Grandma Melody and Bennett

Dallas Johnson, dear friend, and Bennett



I had a whole day where I got to hold her. She is so precious. I love her!



Melody, with all of her grandkids.

The boys and their new cousin




Bennett was obsessed with helping me "hold the bottle".

We went on a bike ride in Mapleton.


Halloween!! 

A few months ago, Nolan said he wanted to be Spiderman. So I decided to be the Hulk. I got Bennett a Captain America costume. So we could be a "marvel" themed family. But Nolan kept changing his mind. One day, he was Ninja Turtle. One day, a shark. Another day, a dinosaur. Even a zebra. Finally, I convinced him on Halloween night that he would get more candy if dressed up as Spiderman (I know, I hope you can forgive me later, Nolan for my little fib). I didn't get a picture of him as Spiderman though, haha. But Bennett sure was the cutest Captain America!



Bennett and I attended the Halloween library storytime and got on the front page of the local newspaper. Go us! We're famous!
 Life:




Our community has free concerts the first Saturday night of every month. We had a blast at the October one!

Nolan has been into games. This is Blokus Junior. He is getting really good!

Bennett is obsessed with our neighbor's little car. He needs one of his own!

Nolan and I work on reading and writing everyday. He finished his preschool workbook!

Grandpa Samuelsen came over and played Twister with the boys.


We went to the White Elephant Parade. Bennett loved the cars since he is in a "Car" phase. Nolan complained about the ants and after an hour, wanted to go home. 

We had to go to Phoenix for a genetic appointment and decided to go to the Aquarium while we were there. Nolan had a blast looking at the animals and playing on their little playplace.




Bennett is trying to climb out of his crib. I think it is time for a toddler bed!

Nolan's new phrase is "come on!" It is so funny to me. Bennett's speech is still pretty behind. We have to see an ENT next month and they may have to do a surgery to fix his hypernasality, that is preventing him for making oral sounds. We will see.






1 comment: