Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Summa Time

Well, it has been a few months since I last wrote! Playing catchup....I turned 30...yes, it's true. I am officially old now! We had a wonderful Mother's Day and Father's Day, and the temperatures started rising...:)

Bennett turned 3!! He is such a funny boy. He has started talking up a storm. He says things like, "me too" and "daddy come". He likes to wrestle with Nolan (most of the time), he loves cars/trucks. He is a great eater and also terrible at staying in a toddler bed. He prefers cribs/pack n' plays, I think he likes to be snuggled in, contained. Josh's Aunt Amy and Uncle Randy passed down this amazing electric police car and Nolan and Bennett are obsessed. Nolan is the better driver though...He is still obsessed with muslin blankets and will take ten out of the drawer at once. He always chews one corner.

Grandpa took them
"jeeping"!
 This pregnancy wasn't too bad. But toward the end, I was getting a lot of back pain. I also would wake up with nausea. I disliked not being able to fit in my clothes though! Even though.I still got a million comments on how small I was, this was my biggest belly.


Our last picture as a family of 4!

I think he was trying to make me feel better!

Our 4th of July was fun! The night before, we stayed at my parents house and participated in Vail's firework show and their big carnival. Nolan did the water slides! My parents had a great view of the fireworks, I could see them from my parents couch! Nolan was scared of how noisy the fireworks were.







 Ellis Grant Hancock was born July 5 at 11:51 am! His was a scheduled c-section. We went in early that morning, my mom stayed with the big kids. I was very nervous. After Bennett, I wondered what would go wrong this time. I got.a blessing from my dad the night before. We got to the hospital and had to wait a little bit for my doctor to be ready. While they are doing the c-section, I told Josh, "What if he has dwarfism?" and he replied, "Then we will raise a dwarf!" It made me laugh but also it's true, you handle whatever comes your way!

The magical moment that I got to meet him never gets old to me. Josh got to go with the nurses to clean him up. He peed on the nurses several times! He was 7 lbs 3 oz, 18 inches long. Our biggest baby! He breathed well right away, something we don't take for granted! Then, they wheeled me to recovery but immediately wanted me to have skin-to-skin with the baby and to try to breastfeed him. He latched on right away and started eating. This kid is a miracle to us. I felt so strongly with a year that we needed to have him but I was so scared because of what happened with Bennett. I really think Heavenly Father helped me overcome with fear with faith. And I am so glad we did because he is already an amazing addition to uor family.









Jo
We had a really hard time naming him this time! Early on, we both decided we liked Ellis. But we thought it's too weird, it's a last name, it sounds like "Ellie" like the girl name, or "Alice", etc. We liked the name Grant too. So we debated between Ellis Grant and Grant Ellis. Nolan got used to calling him Grant and still calls him that! But I had a hard time with the fact that Grant is only one syllable! I like two syllable names for some reason! Even after he was born, we debated his name. We know some of our family members didn't like the name Ellis. It reminds me of Ellis Island and my grandpa was an immigrant and his family name is on the walls of Ellis Island! At one point in the hospital, I consented to Elliott but then I felt like it was too long. And I liked Ellis better.

 

Josh and I had a lot of fun decorating the nursery. Josh painted the room gray and I painted the dresser. At a baby shower, people helped me make decorations. We love how it turned out!
 













Nolan is very into zoo animals. He makes creative things like this watering hole!



Bennett opened hand soap in the cart at Wal Mart then proceeded to put it in his eye....




Nolan has really gotten into drawing.  This is a meerkat.

Nolan and his friend Hinckley holding a snake!



Phew, I'm sure I missed a few details but at least, I'm *sort of* caught up!







No comments:

Post a Comment