Wednesday, May 2, 2018

April: The Month of our Utah Trip, a trip to Phoenix and life as usual :)

Nolan's preschool is done! I can't believe he's going to kindergarten next year. We have loved doing a co-op the past two years. We have made such great friends! Onto the next adventure!
 Nolan is part of a music program called "Let's Play Music". He has learned some music foundational skills. He got to do the bells on one song for the performance. I was worried he would be too scared to perform because he kept telling me he didn't want to. But the night of the performance, he got up there and was so brave! We are so proud of him!


Our Utah Trip: We wanted to go support Houston and Megan in their wedding. It was fun to see everyone but our boys had a hard time. Mostly Bennett. He didn't sleep well and became increasingly challenging at time went on.




We loved seeing cousin Ellie! She is getting so big!


Usually my boys are scared of puppies. But they warmed right up!

Don't let that look fool you. He was unhappy for most of the car ride. Thank goodness to "Boss Baby", we survived. Barely!




Life As Usual 




 We went to Phoenix for a doctor appointment and stopped at Riverview Park. It was so fun!

At our zoo field trip

At the International Wildlife Museum

29 week pregnant baby bump. Ok I feel bigger than that but when I see pictures, I don't look very big.

I am 30 weeks pregnant this week! I am glad to be in the home stretch. We have officially scheduled a planned c section for July 5th! It's getting real! I don't really like my doctor though but not sure. I want to switch at this point. She brushed off my concerns. She is always in a hurry. I don't know!

In other news, Bennett had a preschool evaluation today. They tested him for cognitive development and physical development. He did pretty well! They said he can't jump with both feet though. Next week is his speech evaluation, so I know he will struggle with that one :/. 

I got a call as soon as we woke up that our scheduled time for the evaluation had to be rearranged because of the teacher walkout and staff scramble, so could we come in 30 minutes. So I was rushing to get us out of the door when Nolan came up to me saying, "There is a lizard with a broken leg in our house." I tell him to let him go back outside by opening the door and I will help in a minute. Apparently, I didn't come fast enough because he came back a few minutes later and said, "It's dead. I used the scissors," To that I responded, "I do not want to hear any more....We will talk about animal cruelty after this meeting and I want you to get rid of this mutilated lizard." Oh man, please pray for me as a mother of 3 boys.....

My mom is awesome and asked zoos around the country to send Nolan zoo maps. We already got one in the mail from San Diego Zoo! Nolan likes telling time and can even do elasped time. He just picked it up. He is subtracting and adding numbers within 100 but doesn't understand place value, so can't subtract 11-2 very well yet. He has an aptitude for math, I think! Meanwhile, he still needs help writing the letter "G". We've got some work to do this summer before Kindergarten!

Bennett loves cars and trucks. He can make "beep beep" sounds. He loves "Wheels on the Bus" and "Boss Baby". He is so cute when he is not a terrible screaming grumpy monster ;).
















No comments:

Post a Comment