Monday, August 1, 2016

Nolan's special monkey and other such happenings

                                                                Nolan's Monkey

I wanted to record a picture of Nolan and his special monkey. I think our friend Noel Walley gave us this monkey for Nolan at his baby shower, a week before he was born. We put this monkey in his bed with him around 6 months. He *loved* this monkey. He took it everywhere with him. It was dragged in the snow, to the park, to grandma's, on airplanes and road trips, etc.At age 3 1/2, this monkey looked so ragged. It was getting to the point that fluff was coming out of the monkey's head! After our trip to Utah in July, we told Nolan it was time to get rid of it. He was really sad. But we told him Grandma Melody got him a new monkey.


Nolan's First Talk 

Nolan's topic was "The Temple is A House of God". He helped me write it. It said, "We used to live in Utah and walk by the temple every day. When I'm taller, I will go inside the temple. The temple is special to me. My mom and dad got married in the temple. My grandma and Pop Pop did too. Because of the temple, I can be with my Pop Pop again, who died. The temple is a special place and Heavenly Father is happy when we visit it."

He did so well! He wanted to make a temple out of Legos to show everyone. And we brought some pictures. Grandma Melody came to see and Josh was in the back too. Nolan spoke clearly and was very brave. We are so proud of him!

Other Recent Pictures

Grandma Melody and Grandpa Don recorded their voices reading this book to Nolan. It is his favorite book and it is really special to us.


The boys got haircuts!

Bennett's 1st haircut! I miss his long hair but I love that he looks older and you can see his eyes now!


At Grandpa Don's funeral, primary kids singing.



Grandma Pat gave these boys a dinosaur jello mold. They loved it!









We went on a family bike ride! We had a lot of fun!






1 comment:

  1. Awwww so adorable..

    Louise
    https://louiseling.wordpress.com/
    https://raindrops-splash.blogspot.my/
    https://www.facebook.com/raindropsplash/

    ReplyDelete