Saturday, April 14, 2018

March


Hmm, highlights of last month. 

1) My jogging stroller got stolen. I was jogging with Bennett in it during Nolan's music class. I noticed the wheel was coming off a little, so I tried jiggling it. And it came off! So I hid the stroller, went back to where my car was parked then drove to pick it up and it was gone. :( Luckily, my generous friend Pam lent us hers and then said we could keep it!

2) Nolan tells us he is over his ocean animal obsession and onto zoo animals. He plays zoo animals in the backyard. It is so fun to see his imagination. He draws cages with sidewalk chalk and attempts to write the names of the animals. He asks me to play zookeeper a lot...:) Which means I have to "feed" the animals and catch them if they run away. He sits in our outside swing and eats a popsicle and pretends he is a monkey eating a banana at the zoo, haha. The other day, I was listing to him all the things I had to do that day. And he said, "Yeah, I have a lot to do too! I have to watch zoo videos, feed my zoo animals and do other zookeeper chores." Haha, I wish we could switch!

3) Bennett is becoming very independent. He gets water himself, has to get in and out of the car all by myself (takes like ten minutes every time, aaaaaaah). He is still pretty speech delayed so he screams all.the.time. It kills all of us. I really, really would like him to talk! I noticed though that he appreciates when I acknowledge that I understand what he is asking and that he communicated well. He loves cars and lines up all of his cars on the couch or on the carpet. If we were sitting on the couch, he will come over and make a "road" all over us. We are going to attempt potty training with him next month, wish us luck! 

4) I am 28 weeks pregnant this week. Onto the third trimester, hooray! I am feeling okay. Tired but hanging in there. Baby boy #3 is not a huge kicker but I feel him stretching out a lot. Its funny because whenever I think i haven't felt him a bunch that day, he will kick me as if to remind me he's still there. We are thinking of the name "Grant Ellis Hancock". I know, it's very old and regal sounding. But that's kind of our jam. We like the historical aspect of the name Grant. We also like the name "Ellis" because it reminds me of NY and the years I grew up there, and my grandpa was an immigrant and his name is on the walls at Ellis Island. Nolan calls him Grant all the time and has decided that is his name, haha. I heard him say today to Bennett, "Mom is the boss of me, I am the boss of you, but don't worry Bennett, you can be the boss of Grant". 

They do get along...sometimes...
 

Bennett and I on our last jog in that stroller...
We went to the Phoenix Zoo with Granny! It was awesome. They had a dinosaur exhibit with dinosaurs that move, and Nolan was fascinated!












Nolan helping Josh make homemade pasta noodles.

Nolan and his cute friend, Hailey. She is moving to Minnesota!



Nolan and his friend, Hinckley at the library.

Bennett's getting braver at the park...

Excuse my thumb...:)

My friend Sophie and I joined a "Moms demand Action" group to assist in making and passing common sense gun laws.



Nolan helping Josh with our little garden. It's doing well, we will have a little pepper now!

Measuring heights of animals, and the kids!

Celebrating "pi day", 3/14.

Zoo pictures. 

Touching stingrays


We went to the Desert Museum with friends over spring break! We got a little dirty looks and comments on their behavior. My friend Sophie and I tried but hey, we were trying to herd 5 little boys!


Bennett shows us this face all.the.time.

We went to "Prickly Park" in Tucson.



Nolan's "zoo".






Nolan at Ethan's birthday party





Nolan had his 4th and hopefully last surgery to fix his hypospadius birth defect. He was so brave! He was only out of it for a day. But he had to refrain from swimming for 2 weeks and that has killed him!




Onto April!

No comments:

Post a Comment